Update: Ahmad has created a version 2 of his design - please go check it out and donate to him: https://grabcad.com/library/mbot3d-mk2_rev2-0-ender7-style-fan-duct-1
Important: This is a remix of https://grabcad.com/library/mbot3d-extruder-mk-2-mod-1 by Ahmad Sunardi
I think this is the most beautiful fan duct for the Ender 3 V2 increasing the cooling performance by using two 4010 blower fans. However the original design of the above creator had some issues which I fixed in this remix. Mainly the hole on the front for the heat break cooler - it is simply too small so that the heat break was not cooled sufficiently. Also I added a tab to reduce air leaking onto the part.
The design consists of three parts:
- Frontplate_V3.stl - the main body
- Backplate_V3.stl - used to mount the main body to the carriage
- Airducts_V3.stl - holds the two fans
Alternative for a 4020 Sunon fan:
- Frontplate_Sunon4020.stl - the main body
- Airducts_Sunon4020.stl - the airducts
This air duct has some neat features:
- dual 4010 fans with part cooling from both sides
- the main body is hinged and can be removed with only two screws
- the blower fans sit in a seperate housing
- BL Touch works with the stock metal bracket
I would not recommend to print this in PLA as it sits quite close to the hotend. I used PETG and GreenTec - both work perfectly fine.
Update: I have added a version for a 4020 Sunon fan as the heatsink fan. The respective files are named *_Sunon4020.stl.
Update 2: If you need help assembling the shroud: mattpker has create an assembly video right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ayqa3cT2KjY
Be the first to add a Make!
Add a Make
Upload 3D Model
Model Sales & Purchase Agreement
Creality Cloud protect designer's copyrighted works
Submit an Appeal
Add to folder
All-in-One 3D Printing Platform
Subscribe to Creality Cloud
Be the first to get the latest news from Creality Cloud